UPSC Civil Services Prelims Examination 2020
Union Public Service Commission (UPSC).
Last Date of Exam Centre Change: 13/07/2020.
Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has released the notification for the recruitment of 796 posts against Civil Service (Prelims) Examination 2020.
Name of examination: UPSC Civil Service Prelims Examination 2020
No of posts: 796 posts
Age: A candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 32 years on the 1st of August, 2020 i.e., he must have been born not earlier than 2nd August, 1988 and not later than 1st August, 1999.
- Indian Administrative Service.
- Indian Foreign Service.
- Indian Police Service.
- Indian P & T Accounts & Finance Service, Group ‘A’.
- Indian Audit and Accounts Service, Group ‘A’.
- Indian Revenue Service (Customs and Central Excise), Group ‘A’.
- Indian Defence Accounts Service, Group ‘A’.
- Indian Revenue Service (I.T.), Group ‘A’.
- Indian Ordnance Factories Service, Group ‘A’ (Assistant Works Manager, Administration).
- Indian Postal Service, Group ‘A’.
- Indian Civil Accounts Service, Group ‘A’.
- Indian Railway Traffic Service, Group ‘A’.
- Indian Railway Accounts Service, Group ‘A’.
- Indian Railway Personnel Service, Group ‘A’.
- Post of Assistant Security Commissioner in Railway Protection Force, Group ‘A’
- Indian Defence Estates Service, Group ‘A’.
- Indian Information Service (Junior Grade), Group ‘A’.
- Indian Trade Service, Group ‘A’.
- Indian Corporate Law Service, Group ‘A’.
- Armed Forces Headquarters Civil Service, Group ‘B’ (Section Officer’s Grade).
- Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Civil Service, Group ‘B’.
- Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu, and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Police Service, Group ‘B’.
- Pondicherry Civil Service, Group ‘B’.
- Pondicherry Police Service, Group ‘B’.
- Educational Qualification: The candidate must hold a degree of any of Universities incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University Under Section-3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification.
- The number of attempts: Every candidate appearing at the examination, who is otherwise eligible, shall be permitted six attempts at the examination. Provided that this restriction on the number of attempts will not apply in the case of Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes candidates who are otherwise eligible.
- Application Fee: Candidates (excepting Female/SC/ST/Persons with Benchmark Disability Candidates who are exempted from payment of fee) are required to pay a fee of Rs. 100/- (Rupees One Hundred only) either by remitting the money in any Branch of State Bank of India or by using Visa/Master/RuPay Credit/Debit Card or by using Internet Banking of SBI.
How to apply: Candidates are required to apply Online by using the website https://upsconline.nic.in. The online Applications can be filled up to 3rd March 2020 till 6:00 PM.
Important Dates of UPSC Civil Services Prelims Examination 2020:
Starting Date for Apply Online: 12-02-2020
Last Date to Apply Online: 03-03-2020
Last Date for Fee Payment (by cash): 02-03-2020
Last Date for Fee Payment (Online): 03-03-2020
Date for online application Withdrawn: 12 to 18-03-2020 till 6:00 pm
Date of Preliminary Exam: 31-05-2020
Starting Date for Change of Centre: 07-07-2020
Closing Date for Change of Centre: 13-07-2020 till 1800 hrs.
Advertisement Details: Click Here
Apply Online: Click Here